contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Friday 4 October 2013

Scholarship; part two

It is a bit late, but I should post this here; the results of the competition I participated in...

I asked you guys to vote for me, and also to send a copy of your vote to my personal e-mail adress (I will still make the promised drawings for those who 'won'). I didn't receive all that much emails actually, so I would certainly not have guessed that 198 people voted for me!

And with those 198 votes, I had won the public's choice' prize!!!

(I'm sorry, you know.. if you take pictures from a low angle, they will probably not end up all that flattering, I didn't like the original picture enough to post it.. hihi, but you can find it easily yourself if you really want to see it)


My friend, Anna, who was also a participant, won second place!

after that, they started introducing the winner of the first prize. They started by
talking about 'her paintings' which dealt with 'her own daily life'. So, while I was one one of the only people entering with visual art (most were dancers or musicians), I thought this was defiantly not about me because I did not show any of my paintings in my video.
But.. then they suddenly mentioned how 'she'  would study animation in Rotterdam.
yes, you guessed right, they DID mean me!



the paintings they mentioned, were exhibited that same day for another competition, and they apparently looked at my whole oeuvre (that was shown that day).
I unfortunetely don't have any good pictures of those paintings, but here is a picture of me in front of them.

My friend Anna and I riding towards the future!

All the prize winners together with some members of the district board.

For the jury's review and to find out who the other winners were; go here (in Dutch):

Also in Dutch; a video reportage about Best Of The West, I'm also being interviewed in it, but I'm afraid the sound's a bit off...







thank you for your support and for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment