contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Thursday 19 December 2013

from the USA to South Korea

It has already been quite a while since a friend of mine asked me to draw a portrait of his parents.
He has been studying in the USA for 10 years and has not been able to go back to see his parents in Korea. They have visited him and his brother, but as you can imagine, they still don't see each other in person that often...
So to show his appreciation towards them, he asked me to draw their portrait.
So I did, with his help, this is the result.
(sorry for the low quality picture, since my computer broke down, I lost the scans I had and used this photo from my mobile phone)


Since I thought his request was very sweet (this was the first time a child requested something for their parents, instead of the other way around!), I added a little extra; two small portraits of my friend, on the left, and his brother.


His shirt looks a little odd on this scan (because you can see the white of the side of the canvas),
on this scan from before I colored their shirts, it looks less weird...



The package containing the three portraits arrived in Korea a few weeks ago and to my relief, their parents very much liked it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment